Old December 18th 17, 06:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights[_2_]

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

Didn't I read somewhere that Usenet was not intended for commercial
posting, advertisement and other such activity was frowned on?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Tech discussions sticking to first hand fact are always welcome and on topic. Problems happen when people refuse to get first hand facts straight, choosing to imbed declarations of ulteriorly motivated false fact within a statement, then declare a false conclusion based on their bad data and assumptions.
Problems also happen when forums are sponsored and moderated by pay for play sponsors and advertisers, like what Francis Cebedo's MTBR and RBR sites.
One huge plus for this forum is that its neutral. But we still get trolls like Sepp Ruf trying to stoke flames of intolerance with his vitriol. Will he admit that the quote he cross posted of a very selectively disparaging misleading edit from a disgruntled Kickstarter backer is bogus?
IF he asked for accurate first hand fact, he would know that the Kickstarter backer was removed and banned by Kickstarter for many violations of their terms of service. KS also sent me a statement verifying that the disgruntled backer's claims have no basis.
Will Sepp Ruf now admit he got it wrong and apologize? Lots of other material on the internet could have shown him he got it wrong.
Also, a general post mortem about Kickstarter I posted that's been around the internet for over a year, iirc its been linked to on this list before,
https://jnyyz.wordpress.com/2016/12/...ight/#comments