Old October 5th 16, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

Default Scum yet to wriggle in court

On 05/10/2016 16:13, Rob Morley wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 23:33:33 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3358386.html

That's bad news - a verdict that implies "he's a nice chap" and "it was
just one of those things". These "accidents" are not accidental, they
are the result of a driver taking insufficient care. "He checked his
mirrors normally" says to me that he just glanced at his mirrors.

He glanced in his mirrors, I would be surprised if he even did that.

He pulled straight left across a bus lane. I did that yesterday in a car
you have to be careful.

A very bad verdict. Its like saying you can't expect drivers to check
every-time.