Old June 9th 16, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain Biking Is Inappropriate In Wilderness

wrote in message ...
[...]

I'd listen to you except that I am old enough to actually have "worked

in the woods" as they used to term it, and have also worked in truly
primeval areas in other countries where there no signs that man had
ever existed there.

When you use the term "primeval" you simply don't know what you are

talking about. You use the word to describe the Appalachian Trail, for
instance, but the Appalachian Trail is damned close to civilization
when you compare it with an actual primeval area, which, quite
obviously, you know nothing about.

But of course you are not actually talking about a primeval area you

are simply parroting the word in an effect to make your notions sound
logical and important.

I have never used the word “primeval” in describing what hikers do in the woods. That was your word, not mine. I have no interest in anything “primeval”. I am only interest in wilderness and natural landscapes, those minimally modified by man. You are stalking a straw horse.
[...]

But, as I mentioned previously the valid point is that you are

attempting to hug government built and maintained areas intended for
the entire population to your skinny little chest in order to prevent
others from using them.

Areas set aside as wilderness were intended to be used by the entire population in only a few ways - either by horse back or by walking. You are supremely ignorant of why wilderness was set aside Either get educated or get lost!

In short a small and insignificant individual trying to clasp all the

toys in the toy box to his pathetic little chest and shouting, "They
are Mine! All Mine! You can't play with them!"

Has the U.S. actually sunk so low that a greedy little fellow like you

is now its spokesman?

The only “little fellow” in this mostly asinine discussion is yourself. But like all mountain bikers, you remain as ignorant about what wilderness is for as a new born babe. But unlike the new born babe, your ignorance is culpable. I would punish you for your transgressions against good sense and common decency by a horse whipping to your backside and a kick in your dumb ass to boot. Trying to reason with a fool like you about anything is futile because your ignorance is unconquerable.

Pathetic.

Who gives a good god damn about your “primeval” crap. You must be crazy.

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota