Old February 20th 04, 04:07 AM
BB

Default Looking for "Chain-slap" solution...

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:04:56 GMT, G.T. wrote:
Dan Volker wrote:

Single speeders would have no hope, except to keep up with the HFS
contingent ( Huge Fat Slobs) :-)

That's just about the most clueless thing I've read on a.m-b other than
what comes out of scottdumbski. And I'm not a single-speeder. And I may
never be. But I've ridden with plenty who went just as fast on their
single as they do on their multi on a variety of terrain.

....or faster than guys who do a fair amount of racing (or are generally at
the front of the pack when they ride back home.

I thought the funniest part was when he was talking about 25 mph like its
some sort of unobtainable speed on a singlespeed. I remember one
particular section during that Idaho epic when I was zipping along at
24-25, and I lost sight of JD on his SS pretty early on. I don't know how
fast he was going, but damn he was flyin!

Its OK to make assumptions about things you don't know (I guess), but
putting them on a newsgroup can make one look a bit...inexperienced.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)