Old July 13th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

Default Opinions?

On Jul 13, 2:15*pm, "FAT" wrote:
Got up close to a Trek Madone SSL 6.5 yesterday. *Unreal lightness. *(I may
have mentioned that I have a line on his 2011 SSL 6.7 at the end of the
season, if I want it.) *Then saw a Specialized Roubaix S-Works SL3 . *Some
unique comfort technology in this one with their Zertz dampners. *Both look
to be good brands overall. *Any preferences or recommendations?

End of the season, used Madone? Not for me, thanks. But that's just
from local scuttlebutt over the last 2 or 3 model years of Madones,
which are reported to be one-crash wonders.
That lightness comes from somewhere.

Several people in my cohort, one of whom owns a Crumpton CF bike, have
bought the "Chinese generic" CF frames from ebay and most are doing
well. One cracked seatpost hole recorded so far.

How about a nice custom Davidson Ti instead?
http://davidsonbicycles.com/titanium.html

Only one of those in the cohort, but owned by a very good and very
particular ex-racer woman who reported being entirely happy with the
process and the result.
--D-y