Old March 6th 09, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver

Default Shared cycle path - auditorially distracted pedestro-kretinsstepping into the path of cycles

On 6 Mar, 13:21, "Light of Aria"
wrote:
In my quasi-legal opinion, a cyclist exercising all the above cautions and
courtesies versus a yob who chooses to listen to his personal audio system
or jabber inanely on his PAYG phone and chooses not to look could just about
avoid a manslaughter charge, but I am quite worried what my 35 Kilos of Bike
plus 84 Kilos of me plus 10 Kilos of luggage at 20KPH would inflict on an
errant mutt-brained pedestrian.

Too much damage. Stick to the road where you'll fit in with the
prevailing traffic, ignore the paint on the pavement.