Old June 29th 05, 10:27 AM
HUMBUG

Default Patches for punctures?

On 29/06/05 at 17:53:39 Bleve somehow managed to type:

I've just started using glueless patches - they're more expensive
(~$2.50 per patch for the ones I'm testing for my LBS) but they make
up for the cost with speed and convenience of patch application! They
rock. Glue begone ...

Unless they've improved in the last couple of years the glueless
patches are only good until you get the time and enthusiasm together to
patch the sucker properly. Usually if you puncture the same tyre again
the first glueless patch will come off leaving you with two holes to
patch.

It doesn't seem to matter what tyres I use I usually end up with 3 or 4
flats / week. Hopefully that'll change after July 5 when I start a new
contract with a new commute route, hopefully with a LOT less car
litter. The BIG bonus is that I'll get Thursday nights OFF.

--
Humbug

PhD Puncture repairs