Old July 15th 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Comfy performance bikes

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
Luigi de Guzman wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:14:56 -0500, Doug Cimper wrote:

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
My ass isn't exactly the same as yours; why should my saddle be?
Believe it or not--there are bicycles that basically only come available
with ONE seat, and that seat is comfortable enough for the vast majority
of humanity.

The RANS Zenetic is one such bicycle (although I think there are plastic
and carbon-fiber versions, so I suppose that's two seats).
~

RANS recumbents are not universally available. I can't justify the
additional cost and hassle (won't fit on bike racks on buses/cars/trains,
etc.)

Er, the RANS Zenetic is a "crank forward" upright, not a recumbent:
http://www.ransbikes.com/07ZTour.htm.

These type of bikes are an abomination. For Christ's sakes, either get a
proper recumbent or stay on your god damn uprights!
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka