Old October 23rd 18, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Settled Science?

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 5:08:55 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 8:38:13 PM UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:
On 10/22/18 11:08 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
What I've been saying since I was a precocious teenager with a column in a national broadsheet is now official:
http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/fir...boats-on-land/

Fake news.

Nah, the techie insiders, the ones responsible for maintaining the database at the HADCRUT, have for years been saying the "scientist" have screwed up the data by making grossly erroneous "adjustments" to altogether the wrong data. This isn't new, it isn't fake, it has just not been published in all the gory detail Dr McClean catalogues. Nobody has trusted the HADCRUT, one of the four great strands of the foundations of the global warming hoax, since Climategate exposed their lying and bullying of dissenters.

Really, a "science presenter"? From her own site: "A science presenter, writer, speaker & former TV host; author of The Skeptic's Handbook (over 200,000 copies distributed & available in 15 languages)." https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Joanne_Nova

I suppose JoNova is better than Miss Cleo, maybe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZwLG7yJg1g

When I'm presented with a difficult scientific issue, rather than going to academia or industry, I go to the internet. The BEST experts are bloggers on the internet. It's a huge benefit if they have a YouTube channel, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2153PnMzSw Screw those idiots who do the science day in and day out -- and screw their super-computers while we're at it.

-- Jay Beattie.