Old October 31st 18, 11:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_3_]

Default Personal Bike News

Joerg wrote:

Careful, 120psi is often the upper limit.
At least it is on my fork. Rear shocks are
different, they have to be well above 200psi
for serious offroad riding. You don't ever
want to bottom out on those. I have, twice,
and it is horrid. My fork runs at 110psi and
that has never bottomed out.

It is the RockShox RL 100mm. According to the
chart, one shouldn't exceed 205psi. So 120
should be fine.

But... aren't you more likely to bottom out if
you have *less* air in the chamber than more?
I.e., more likely with 110 than 120?

You have overpaid, big time. My RockShox pump
(red gauge) cost less half in the US and you
can even get if for that price in Europe:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...ion-pump-33145

Overpaid, no kidding! Yet I bought it in the
one huge bike supermarket that exists here, off
town, Sportson [1], not in some niche small
shop in the city center.

As for buying stuff online, I almost never do
that altho I know it is less expensive
that way.

What did you do? Hit something? My MTB tires
are kept between 55psi and 60psi. Rides a bit
rougher than other bikes but no pinch flats
and less rolling resistance.

I made a normal right turn at a street
intersection at a moderate speed. But it was
+/-0C with freezing rain, so it was slippery.

On the ground, EB.

"On the ground" usually has a bad meaning
with cyclists, as in "involuntary
dismount" :-)

Unintentional humor that even made sense

[1] https://www.sportson.se

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573