Old October 31st 18, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycle Accident

On 10/30/2018 8:53 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
... even in
the more developed places some people are considered "lucky" and
others "not so lucky", or "unlucky", Not a far cry from those that
have the spirits on their side :-)

We just returned from a trip to Europe with a single friend. We booked
identically and simultaneously at the same travel agent. Default on
rooms (or cabins, on a cruise boat) was double occupancy, so our friend
was expecting to pay extra, at least a per-person surcharge for hers.

Instead, they allowed her to pay only for herself, no surcharge. And her
supposedly identical room was inexplicably bigger than ours. Meanwhile,
I had serious trouble getting my phone to work over there.

As I told her: "You've got a guardian angel. I've got a poltergeist."

--
- Frank Krygowski