Old November 9th 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Preserving en-route repair material

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 13:08:50 +0000, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:

I read somewhere that I could protect the tube by keeping it tightly
wrapped into an old sock, which I will try, but would you have any
advice regarding the glue?

IME, the thread on those tubes is very loose/coarse, so they don't seal
tightly, hence the drying over time. The only tip I can think of is to
put a thin layer of plastic under the cap to improve sealing and reduce
the tendency to dry out.

OTOH, when unopened aluminium tubes of super glue dry out, you have to
expect super thin aluminium tubes must have microholes in them, but as a
card of 7 costs a whole $2 in the cheap shop, it isn't really a problms.
Similarly, I just reguard regularly buying a new tube of patch glue a
maintenance issue. YMMV but the local mini supermarket has a sectin of
knick knacks that include bicycle punture kits as an economic price,