Old June 25th 04, 04:24 AM
Abe Oogerfart

Default Anyone carry pepper spray while riding?

J999w wrote:
Not so much for dogs ... I'll either spray some Gatorade on them or wack them
with my pump ... but more for when encountering rowdy kids just starting their
summer vacation, have had a few too many cans of beer, and getting just a
little too abusive while half hanging out of the window of their friend's car.

Had such an encounter tonight while out riding about 10:30pm (sometimes 'ya
gotta ride whenever you can). Now, I'm a big guy (6'5" and 200+ lbs) and
normally don't get harrassed, but every once and a while I come across some
buzzed social bottom feeder feeling brave and is ready to take on the 'faggy
bicyclist'. My normal reaction is to flip them the finger, or give them a
stream of expletives and some suggestions of physical impossible feats, but I
fear that some hot night, when I'm out riding, I'll come across someone looking
for a fight and I'm thinking that the full water bottle I bounce off their car
will just entice them more and I'm going to need an edge (something legal).

Anyone carry pepper spray? Ever use it? What kind?

Thanks.

jw
Milwaukee

I carry it in case of bear or mountain lions, but the
animal I find it most useful for usually drives an SUV.

Pepper spray/mace combo is my weapon of choice.
Try ebay.