Old November 25th 14, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: How to ride in ordinary pants

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:06:59 +0700, John D. Slocomb
wrote:

Or a turn or two of twine and a bow knot :-)

I lost a safety pin on the "I forgot my wallet" shopping tour. (Not
one red cent to spend, &*%#&!!!) Lacking a pin, I tied a square rag
from my emergency kit around my ankle. Worked better than the pin,
but had people asking how I got injured.

(There are now both money and safety pins in my emergency kit -- which
is slowly regenerating after a tragic loss; perhaps I should keep a
list of what's in it in an off-site backup. I've replaced the
tube-repair kit, but the only list of what was in the hide-repair kit
was written on the box.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net