View Single Post
Old July 7th 18, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster

Default Safety inflation

On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 7:20:17 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 11:58:36 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:

The rider somehow “'came off' his bike and came into contact with a truck travelling in the same direction." So, he fell off his bike in front of a truck?

-- Jay Beattie.

I am guessing the biker came off his bike because the truck travelling in the same direction hit him from behind. In the two bike-car accidents I have been involved in, I came off the bike after the car hit me. Its a common occurrence. Maybe just random that he fell in front of the truck. He could have fallen to the side of the truck too.

Look at the video (both clips). He came off his bike and then was run-over by the truck, which was a lane over to rider's left. The accident site is two lanes with the right lane marked for bikes. The bike was not run over, but the front wheel looks like it was taco'd, so part of the wheel might have been run over. I'm pretty sure a flasher with "radar" would not have changed the outcome.

So let's say he had radar, meaning that he was staring at his Garmin head unit watching a dot traveling towards him -- in a congested area. And according to a supporter, the Garmin radar is "totally useless in the city." https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Bv6t57LKg7I -- but at least he would have had something to look at while getting mowed down.

And for SMS, the video light product is the Cycliq Fly. https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/fly6ce/ My son gets half-off on pro deal. I'm going to get one so my estate can sue, assuming the camera is not destroyed in the massive rear-end collision I've been avoiding for the last 50 years.

I'm spending the day working on ways in which I can be paranoid while riding my bike. Then I'm going out for a ride, without so much as a cyclometer. I will wear my helmet.

-- Jay Beattie.

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home