Old September 24th 04, 02:24 PM
Peter S

Thanks for all the replies. I've checked the pics on Sheldon's site. My
frame has 'short horizontal dropouts' so I'll proceed with this project.

On another note, is there any reason to NOT use the 39 tooth inner ring as
the chainwheel for a fixed wheel conversion so long as the appropriate rear
cog is used? I'd like to not blow the budget on this project while I build
and learn!

Thanks

Peter S

"Peter S" wrote in message
I've been looking for a cheap frame suitable to build up into a fixed
wheel
bike. I've been given an old Kojima Condor with downtube shifters, which I
know nothing about. The frame is marked 'Tange 900' double butted. I think
it’s a lugged steel frame. Does anyone here know if this is a reasonable
frame to dress up into a fixed wheel bike? I've googled but can't find
much
info. The other bits of this bike show signs of neglect so I'm thinking if
start with this frame it will need to be cleaned up, repainted and pretty
well have a lot of work done.

I want to use a fixed wheel bike for fun and training but also as a build
project to learn more about how to do assembly and get some basic know
how.

Any help about the frame is welcome.

Thanks

Peter S