Old July 23rd 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

Default RR (Cambridge to) London to Cambridge

"Simon Proven" wrote in message
ups.com...

As is traditional, cycled from home down to the start. Didn't sleep
that much last night, managed about two hours, so didn't set off til
4.30. Still on the Galaxy as the new bike won't be ready until next
week. Breakfast was weetabix (3 off) and lashings of milk, and a huge
cappucino.

Now that I was nearly back, the energy returned, and I twice got to
23mph chasing cars and taxis into town, and arrived about 12.25, having
done 96.7 miles with a moving average of 14.5mph (considerably faster
than my attempts in previous years).

Nice effort. By the time you were getting home, I was getting out of bed.