Old September 23rd 15, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default Thunked my helmet a fourth time

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:00:59 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 09/20/2015 04:04 PM, wrote:

I could go into great detail about helmets since I started learning
about them as the Safety Director of the American Federation of
Motorcyclists about the time Bell started and I had some long
discussions with people at Bell. I am also an engineer and a
scientist. I wrote one of the few peer reviewed papers on bicycle
helmets.

Long ago I had/read a USAF publication about helmet design which had a
lot of useful/interesting information. I recently did a google etc.
search for it and turned up nothing. Did you ever read that?

Out of curiosity, what was the U.S.A.F. publication about? The usual
pilot's, or air crew member's, helmet is more a matter of holding all
the things needed in proximity to the head and protection from wind
forces when ejecting, rather than falling off :-)

clipped
--
cheers,

John B.