external usenet poster

Default Dickens:"The law is a ass."

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 11:48:49 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/trucke...anks-lax-laws/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

my favorite line when I played Mr. Bumble in sixth grade, getting to shout out the word ass in front of all the parents and teachers.
IF I kill someone through my own negligence, then haven't I commited a crime? Where does the line of premeditation get drawn to say that the real crime was being negligent? After that, then make me responsible for the result of my negligence.
Yes, the law is an ASS in the way drivers vs bicyclists are treated when responsibility is assigned and adjudicated. Been on the short end of crooked ticketing getting blamed for what the cop called failure to keep right, on a shoulderless narrow lane two lane road in Hillsborough NJ when a car pulling a trailer of lawn mowers came up and declared its god given right to pass a bicycle despite an oncoming car quickly showing up around a bend on a crest of a slight rise. Trailer's wheel grabbed the frame of my Paramount throwing me up in the air like a baseball pitching machine, landing me sideways into a tumble that cracked my helmet in half. One memory from laying there on the roadway half numb half excruciating general pain was seeing the shine of sunlight off the driver's NJ state PBS card in the cop's hand. Yes the law was an ass then and still is. Three years ago Alan Brumm was killed by an oncoming driver passing a bicyclist going the opposition direction, driver claiming they were asserting their right according to state law to pass a bicyclist across the center line if there isn't oncoming traffic. Well dammit isn't a bicyclist considered an oncoming vehicle? The CHP said no and the murderer walked away free. For bicyclists when it comes to car collisions Yes the law is an ASS.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home