Old March 6th 19, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Designers vs. engineers

On 3/6/2019 12:12 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
Zen Cycle wrote:
:On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:59:33 AM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
: On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 4:12:12 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
: New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) currently features an exhibition
: called "The Value of Good Design." See
:
: https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/5032
:
: Unfortunately, they include the 1960's Spacelander bicycle as an example
: of good design! See
: https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibi...image_index=34
:
: I took one for a brief test ride many years ago. MoMA's standards are
: certainly far different from mine. It's hard to imagine a heavier,
: clumsier rattletrap of a bike. Heck, I'd prefer that Fiat 500!
:
: But then, the rest of the exhibition seems to glorify the 1950s and
: 1960s as an era of "good design." Weird.
:
: --
: - Frank Krygowski
:
: The I look at it a designer designs something and the engineer(s) tell whether it will work or not.
:

:A good friend of mine is a general contractor that builds private homes for a living. He says the worst people he has to deal with are architects.

Architects and engineers say the same thing about contractors.

+1

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/