Old March 12th 19, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Wheel weight

On 3/12/2019 12:11 PM, Rolf Mantel wrote:

In Minnesota 1996, I had a similar but not quite so luxurious safety
net: the road numbering system streching out into all directions more
than a day trip:

If I got lost I just had to follow any road to the next junction
containing a road name (e.g. 135 Ave NW), I "only" had to follow some 15
miles into the direction of smaller road numbers, turn right as soon as
it changed its name to 'NE' and find my way back home to the city center
without a map, maps only being necessary to find a pretty route.

Minnesota is one of the states with extremely large areas where the
roads form a grid made of straight lines. That does make navigation
easy. Those areas also tend to be fairly flat.

In hillier areas, roads often wiggle and branch off unpredictably to
follow valleys. It makes for much more interesting riding, but trickier
navigation.

--
- Frank Krygowski