Old January 31st 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default DuraAce 7800 brakes v. 6600 brakes

On Jan 30, 11:51*pm, RS wrote:
I traded some stuff for a new set of DuraAce 7800 brakes, got a good
deal. *Question is will these really work any better, stop any quicker,
"feel" any better than the current set of Ultegra 6600 brakes I have
on my bike - which I think work fine. *I'd like to hear from anyone
who has actually tested or ridden both sets. *The 15g-20g difference
in weight I don't care about. *Thanks

I doubt that you will feel much of a difference between the two
assuming your cable, housing and pad set-up are the same. Technically
dura-ace has bearings in both pivots were as ultegra has a bearing
only in the main pivot. Other than that it is mostly material
difference, finish, and a small amount of weight that separates the
two brakes.

Steve Sauter