Old May 21st 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Female Cyclist Assaulted

On 21 May, 18:29, iarocu wrote:
On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:

On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

Here's the real URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6676223.stm

I used to commute through that bit of Glasgow (Cadder) around that
time of night. It always felt like a good idea to move through at a
smart pace so that by the time any of the local neds saw me I was
past. Three teenagers once tried to block the canal bank near there to
stop me. I've no idea their motive and didn't wait to find out. I
accelerated through the gap and brushed past them and away.
That said I think unprovoked attacks on cyclists like this in Glasgow
are very rare. Hopefully this guy will be caught.

They were rare a few years ago, but they have certainly intensified
over the last few months in terms of severity. I ain't been out on the
bike for a few weeks now. It really is getting worse out there for us
cyclists.