Old September 10th 19, 07:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Presta valve in a rim that was drilled for Schrader?

On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 7:20:36 AM UTC+2, Tosspot wrote:
On 07/09/2019 00:30, Joerg wrote:
Just received a new rear wheel. Despite being 700c and for narrow
tires the rim is drilled for a Schrader valve. Couldn't believe it.
Harumph, grumble. Why on earth ... well, it is what it is.

I don't want to wait for some fancy adapter but I do not mind making
just about anything in the garage with hand tools. My special thick
tubes have Presta valves.

What should I use? Piece of plastic? Aluminum? Glue it in place?
Anything needed on the outside except maybe a washer?

In the short term forget it, nothing will happen. In the long term I
would order an adapter up. Which brings me to these;

https://i.stack.imgur.com/m5vqB.jpg

Does anyone know where to order some, I just can't find them! They are
my preferred adapter, and come with, I think, Schwalbe tubes.

I have a drawer full of them ;-) Indeed from Schwalbe tubes, so just buy a Schwalbe tube.

Lou