Old December 1st 17, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ned Mantei

Default Completing mudguards

On 01-12-17 11:38, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Frank Krygowski, 2017-11-30 21:22+0100:
I assume you're talking about what we call "mud flaps," like this:
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/att...p-img_0936.jpg

Yes, that is about it. Except I think I saw once someone with a flap
that also covered part of the sides of the wheel. I am not entirely sure
of what I should cover in addition to my fenders, but I know that
currently, some mud is reaching my pants… :-(

I already wear gaiters, which mitigate the issue, but they do not cover
my knees, which get some mud or road crap spots.

I wear old rain pants, no longer completely waterproof but good enough
to keep off some spray.

The problem doesn't seem to be the back of the front fender. Instead,
it's that water is spit forward from the top of the front tire where it
exits the fender, and as this slows I ride into it.

Ned