Old September 5th 19, 09:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Ketone Esters

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 00:06:25 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

James wrote:
On 5/9/19 7:20 am, AMuzi wrote:

I don't know.
I'm happy that you are happy. If this works for you, by all means do it
more.

Your post reminded me of Chalo's all time pithy RBT comment about
cycling-specific energy bars and drinks, "I just eat actual food." Works
for me too.

I ate a meat pie mid ride once. The day was cold. The pie was hot.
Seemed like a good idea at the time. It wasn't though. I was
regurgitating meat all the way home.

Some actual food is counter productive.

During one long ride where I was starting to bonk, the combination of a
Cornish pastie and a half litre of chocolate milk was damn near miraculous,
so maybe there’s an optimum amount of meat.

Actually the body digests protein relatively slowly so perhaps the
beef wasn't what made the difference. The gravy and pastry might well
have been the real energy producers :-)
--
cheers,

John B.