Old July 4th 03, 02:12 AM
Raptor

Default Hiring bikes in USA

Dick Durbin wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message ...

Will want to hire bikes for a few days while on a US holiday.

For the sake of clarity, when you speak to the folks at an American
shop, tell them you want to RENT a bike. In the US of A the word
"hire" is a synonym for "employ."

Dick Durbin

That's decent advice, but if "hire" is spoken with an obviously foreign
accent, the meaning will be pretty clear.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.