Old November 19th 04, 06:54 AM
Monkey Hanger

iarocu wrote:

In a nearby Asda I was looking at their cycle stuff and couldn't
resist buying a set of their £1.48 V brake blocks. Looks a fairly soft
compound but if the braking performance is acceptable and the service
life is even half that of Shimano blocks I'll get some more.
Iain

I bought some cheapo blocks from Wilkinson, £1.99 a pair. They work
perfectly well, but the set I've got on at the moment are almost worn out
after about 2 months, that's about 800 miles of commuting. I think that
when I wear out the spare set that I'm going to put on tomorrow I'll switch
to something like koolstops to see what their lifespan is like.
Alternatively, I could take a look in Asda next time I'm in...
--
Chris