Old February 25th 09, 06:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Erness Wild

Default Sea to Shining Sea Support

I doubt many are prepared for weather.

Jeff Grippe wrote:
Back in the day when I was planning such a trip, I was thinking of 40-50 per
day and not riding every day. The only reason I would have even considered a
longer day is if the distance between the two closest places to stop was
greater. But then, I was in no hurry.

Jeff

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
This is the kind of madness that seems like a good idea when you are
comfy
in your home, well fed and healthy. But once embarked upon, it soon
becomes the folly that it is. The only part of the trip that will be the
least bit enjoyable will be the RAGBRAI segment. The rest of the trip
will
be a misery. These guys are old enough to know better, but I suppose some
folks are just slow learners. By the way, 75 miles a day is a more
realistic estimate. Only a fool would strive for 130 miles a day!
Regards,
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I'll agree with Ed here. 130 is a little on the high side. Are you
planning on setting records of some kind? If not then sit back and
enjoy the country. Seting mileage THAT high leaves little time to
enjoy what the country has to offer.

Understanding that Adventure Cycling has some GREAT maps. Why don't
you try and make your OWN route that will take you directly to the
RAGBRAI area? Instead of going all that way north and then back
south. Seems a waste of miles to me. But then it's YOUR trip after
all.
__o | Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....
_`\(,_ | I no longer despair for the human race.