Old March 22nd 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Default Mostly OT/Head Injury and Death

wrote:
Ask skiers wearing helmets if they'd slow down without the helmets.

Paul M. Hobson wrote:
I wouldn't slow down without my helmet. I only wear it b/c it's so
convenient. It's strapped on and my goggles are strapped to it = no
yard sale if I take a tumble.

The only thing I worry about when I'm on the slopes is my left
wrist, having spent the past 2 years recovering from two wrist
surgeries.

Tom Sherman wrote:
Can you wear an inline skating type wrist guard?

Paul M. Hobson wrote:
Those don't seem to help much -- especially the ones that fit under
gloves. Best thing to do is to not fall on my left wrist

Tom Sherman wrote:
A tadpole recumbent trike will prevent that, unless you ride like a
complete idiot.

I don't know how well that'd do in the Cascade Concrete or how I'd even
get it on the lift!

Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.