Old August 19th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman 起豺_2_]

Default Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

Andrew Muzi wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per KingOfTheApes:
"I live in a strange little city where the only people that typicly
ride bikes (olther than $3000 carbon fiber jobbies) are hobos and
DWIs, especialy a twenty year old schwinn MTB with a milk-crate trunk-
basket...

Last year one of the bike mags did a story whose essence was
pointing out that in one major West-coast city, the majority of
bike riders were people who could not afford public
transportation.

I believe it.

I'm a cyclist and a taxpayer and I sure can't afford the rate of flow
down the public transit money rathole.

Agreed. It is time to make those who fly pay the true cost of airports
and air traffic control, not to mention the environmental externalities.
Similarly, fuel taxes should be raised to pay for "energy security" [1]
and environmental effects of motorized vehicles.

Time to stop these USians from freeloading on the backs of the common
taxpayer.

[1] I.e., bases and military forces in foreign hydrocarbon extraction
areas, including the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Celebrity culture is an opposite of community, informing us