Old June 9th 21, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Drug drive arrest on Keighley Road after cyclist injured

On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 15:19:33 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 08/06/2021 01:57 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 00:08:30 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2021 08:28 pm, Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 6 June 2021 at 19:20:22 UTC+1, wrote:
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of drug-driving after a 64-year-old cyclist was seriously injured.

West Yorkshire Police was called to Keighley Road, near Lister Park, at about 6.15pm on Thursday (June 3) to reports of a crash between a car and a cyclist.

A male cyclist, aged 64, was rushed to hospital for treatment to serious injuries.

But the injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

Officers arrested the car driver, a male, on suspicion of drug driving offences in connection with the collision.

Police closed Keighley Road between Frizinghall Road and Oak Lane while investigations were underway at the scene.

Enquiries remain ongoing into the crash.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....clist-injured/

When are the Bunglement going to grasp the simple concept that legalising Cannabis and making all other drugs available free at designated clinics will solve this problem? Probably because they are all stoners.

Have you ever thought of taking a course in basic logic?

Nothing illogical in my statement.

What "statement"?

You asked a question.
I never said you can make rational decisions while stoned any more than you can while drunk. The difference between smoking naturally growing herbs and drinking poison is the poison still affects your judgement after the psychoactive effects wear off, I believe it's known as a hangover.

One either believes that making illegal drugs easily and legally
available will exercerbate the problems they cause, or one doesn't
believe it.

It appears that you (illogically) don't believe it.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to point that out.

Belief has nothing to do with it. My views are based on fact not religion or childhood brainwashing.