Old September 1st 04, 04:58 AM
David L. Johnson

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:38:34 -0400, Roger Zoul wrote:

Trans-fats are in turkey? Cholesterol in turkey? Gosh.

What's so surprising about that? Of course there is cholesterol in
turkey, along with a lot of fats. I donno specifically about trans-fatty
acids, but I imagine there is some of that, too.

Turkey, that is, farm-raised turkey, is one of the least healthy things
you can eat. Most of those poor birds are juiced up with drugs and
hormones their entire lives. Then the darn meat is also juiced up with
"broth" (so that they sell what is basically water for the same price per
pound as the meat itself), "flavor-enhancing" chemicals, and additional
fat.

If you are going to eat turkey, at least get a free-range bird that is
minimally processed.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | And what if you track down these men and kill them, what if you
_`\(,_ | killed all of us? From every corner of Europe, hundreds,
(_)/ (_) | thousands would rise up to take our places. Even Nazis can't
kill that fast. -- Paul Henreid (Casablanca).