Old September 1st 04, 05:02 PM
Badger_South

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:07:38 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

hear you Preston.

Let me just say one last thing in this thread: I lost 130 lbs on a LC diet
that consisted of mostly fat (it had ample amounts of protein, to). I did
have to limit nuts 'cause I tend to eat too many of them to lose weight.
But the notion that fat is the enemy is simply wrong. For me (and many
others), controling BG swings was the key to the elimination of excessive
appetite that lead to overconsumption of food. On LC, even though I was
eating a lot of fat (along with a lot of low carb veggies), I didn't have to
eat much red meat. I could eat all kinds of fish and fowl. But I had less
appetite which translated into eating less food, and thus fewer calories.
There are many others with similar stories. Also, my type 2 diabetics is
under control and other blood indicators improved. Just FYI.

When you say 'eating a lot of fat', what were the sources? Why didn't you
trim the fat from the meat or eat more lean h-burger and soforth.

I realize I eat a lot of fat on the LC diet, getting it in fatty fish
(salmon) and hamburger and marbled steak, and nut sources, but my
inclination wouldn't be to emphasize the fat consumption, necessarily.

Just curious.

-B