Old September 1st 04, 05:46 PM
Roger Zoul

Badger_South wrote:
:: On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:07:38 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
:: wrote:
::
::: hear you Preston.
:::
::: Let me just say one last thing in this thread: I lost 130 lbs on a
::: LC diet that consisted of mostly fat (it had ample amounts of
::: protein, to). I did have to limit nuts 'cause I tend to eat too
::: many of them to lose weight. But the notion that fat is the enemy
::: is simply wrong. For me (and many others), controling BG swings
::: was the key to the elimination of excessive appetite that lead to
::: overconsumption of food. On LC, even though I was eating a lot of
::: fat (along with a lot of low carb veggies), I didn't have to eat
::: much red meat. I could eat all kinds of fish and fowl. But I had
::: less appetite which translated into eating less food, and thus
::: fewer calories. There are many others with similar stories. Also,
::: my type 2 diabetics is under control and other blood indicators
::: improved. Just FYI.
::
:: When you say 'eating a lot of fat', what were the sources? Why
:: didn't you trim the fat from the meat or eat more lean h-burger and
:: soforth.

Meat, cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, fowl w/ skin, fish, oils, salad
dressing, flaxseed, flaxoil, etc. I don't like lean burger, but do trim
visable fat from something like a steak (but rarely would I eat that).
Probably the fattiest course of meat for me was pork ribs. Mostly, I ate
fish (salmon and talapia) and chicken breast.

::
:: I realize I eat a lot of fat on the LC diet, getting it in fatty fish
:: (salmon) and hamburger and marbled steak, and nut sources, but my
:: inclination wouldn't be to emphasize the fat consumption,
:: necessarily.

Well, I count calories and everything using fitday.com and even when trying
to not eat the fattiest cuts of me (which, BTW, I don't do and never did),
the greatest precentage of calories come from fat. And to be honest, I did
try to limit fat consumption since it does have a lot of calories.

::
:: Just curious.
::
:: -B