Old March 13th 17, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Shoe Overlap

On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 3:23:11 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
On 13/03/17 08:33, wrote:
On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 2:20:11 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:

Buyer didn't review the drawing ?

small point = head angle is in degrees, fork rake is in mm and
neither can be changed without other changes.

You don't get a drawing. You get a list of measurements. And it
doesn't make much sense unless you have the tools to draft it out for
yourself and know exactly what to look for.

But it would seem to me that you could add just a few degrees of rake
and reduce the increased trail from this and the handling would stay
the same. Though the wheelbase would be a touch longer.

I got drawings. Several iterations of them too.

--
JS

From whom? American buildings can use drafting software that other countries find too expensive to use since you have to have a computer and a printer and the drafting software. When you get 10 orders for a custom build a week and you have for the last 50 years it's unlikely that you'd see a need for a computer to do your bookkeeping as is par for the course in America.