Old October 12th 11, 09:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Michael Press

Default Going to be my latest purchase.

In article ,
James wrote:

Chalo wrote:
James wrote:
landotter wrote:
James wrote:
Again with the personal preference, I'd want handle bars that offer
various hand positions. Drop bars are the ticket. Fitting the controls
from that bike to drop bars might prove a challenge.
Trekking bars offer tons of hand positions and use strong and
inexpensive mtb components. Using drop bars on utility bikes is a
strange affectation.
BTW, dropbars on a MTB is not strange to everyone..

http://twentynineinches.com/2010/05/...f-road-on-set-...

And what is a "utility bike"? Something to do the shopping with?
Carrying stuff on racks? A touring bike is not much different, yet
those in the touring club I used to ride with all used dropbars.

Did you look at the link to the Trek bike in question?

Yes.

My words for
using drop bars on such a bike would be a lot less charitable than
"strange affectation".

Opinions are like arse holes, everybody has got one.

everybody thinks everybody else's stinks.

--
Michael Press