Old September 24th 18, 05:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

rbowman wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
rbowman wrote

Why do you need a credit rating if you buy everything in cash?

Credit cards. Try getting a hotel room,
renting a car, and so forth without one.

Works fine there and here with debit cards.

I only changed to using a credit card for all but backup
for when I hadn't managed to ensure I had enough cash in
the accounts with debit card to pay for some transaction,
because its easier to have the card automatically paid
off in full every month from the account where I keep
the bulk of my cash, where it earns the highest interest.

They are also handy at the gas pump

Debit cards work fine there.

although I did see one yesterday that accepted cash. It
didn't make change though so if you put in $20 and only
could pump in $18.57 worth of gas you had to go inside.

Our pumps allow you to specify how much you
want to pay and deliver that amount of petrol.

Credit card gas pumps were a great innovation. It used to be if the
gas station closed when the sun went down you were screwed. I've
slept in the car a couple of times waiting for someone to open up.

Yes, but they work just as well with debit cards.