Old December 18th 06, 06:30 AM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Cycling Idiots clogging up the roads

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message . com, 'Arf
') wrote:

tallbloke wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in
news:1165350962.876836.235830@ 79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:
Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.
They're basically a selfish cack of punts.
Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem
sharing the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.
So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

When I'm on the road, I use it with consideration for its other users.

Cyclists show no such consideration:

There are bad cyclists, granted. But there are not nearly as many bad
cyclists as bad drivers; and most cyclists are not bad cyclists. I wish
the same were true of drivers.

Laddies,
Please, I drive both a small car and a huge 1966 Muscle car (when I can
afford the gas) but prefer the bike for freedom and health. I pay my
road taxes and like the bike better, except when I have to make a real
business trip or get out my beast and show up a Chevy with my Mopar.
Unless it's really, really cold *AND* raining it's the bike for me.
I really don't mind giving a bike the right of way since it is only a
matter of gas pedal or brake pedal in the car, no sweat either way,
maybe just a minor mileage hit, big deal.
Bill Baka