Old October 13th 17, 07:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Build it and they won't come

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 21:15:26 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 1:59:37 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Big SNIP

The types of guns I'm thinking of are rapid fire (say, more than one round
per second) and/or high capacity (say, more than 20 rounds), plus
handguns. Yes, I understand that a very few handguns are used for
hunting, but that's a very small percentage of handgun use.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I can fire a bolt action Lee-Enfield rifle at 10 rounds per 10 seconds. The standard magazine capacity for that rifle is 10 rounds. If I wanted to I could get another magazine or two forit, cut those magazines apart and then weld the three of them together to form a 30 rounds capacity magazine. That would allow me to fire 30 rounds in 30 seconds. If I wanted more accurate aimed fire I could support the fore-end of the rifle on a sand bag.

Slow! See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_a7pXWi6xo

--
Cheers,

John B.