Old May 11th 18, 11:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Bike to Work Day 2018

Since my office is now about 1/3 mile away, I rode with the spousal unit
to work. Stopped at two "Energizer Stations." I just don't know how
anyone can ride 9 miles to work without several stops for food and drinks.

Apple had a huge spread, with bagels, pastries, fruit, quiche, juice,
coffee, tea, and energy bars.

Kaiser was much less elaborate with just coffee and cinnamon rolls. The
City of Santa Clara had Hobee's coffee cake. Intel had some kind of
private event (there's a spur off the trail directly into their campus).
Very busy MUP but that route along San Tomas Aquino Trail is a very
major commute route to tech companies in Santa Clara and north San Jose
(Nvidia, Intel, Cisco, and many others), and is often busy. When I
worked in the same office complex where my wife now works, this trail
was not paved, but it was still used a lot as it was the best way under
US 101.

This is the map of Energizer Stations just for Santa Clara and San Mateo
counties: https://bikesiliconvalley.org/btwd/energizer-stations/