Old October 14th 04, 01:16 AM
Chris Neary

When to honk:

1. When someone is facing imminent death, and you think that honking might
somehow avert a fatal accident.

2. When you're my good friend, and you want to catch my attention so we can
wave at each other. (Hi Kathy!)

3. When you want me and probably everyone in the immediate vicinity to know
that you are a complete, brain-dead, total, doofus.

4. When I am stuck behind 3 riders who are completely unaware of conditions
around them, and one is occasionally straying into the opposite lane, making
it impossible to safely pass them. A friendly "tootle" on the horn brought
them back to reality.

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh