Old November 26th 03, 09:26 PM
Ilan Vardi

Default Tour de France tour company page updated

As I stated in my message about the Ghent six, watching track racing
is by far the best cycling event to see in person. This applies to the
US as well as Europe. Watching racing at the San Jose velodrome was
much more interesting than watching the San Francisco GP.

On the other hand, you won't get very much out of watching a road race
in person, unless you are on a motorcycle or car following the race.
Unless it's a time trial, you will stand for many hours to get a few seconds
or minutes of racing.

If you want to ride your bicycle in France, then it's best to avoid the
Tour de France, as all the roads are blocked off for hours prior to
the race.

-ilan

"Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles" wrote in message .com...
We're up to 30 companies doing Tour de France trips for July 2004; you can
find the info here-

http://www.ChainReaction.com/france0...rcompanies.htm

If you know of other companies running tours, please let me know and I'll
add their info to the list. There's no charge or extortion (meaning that I
don't get any kickbacks...heck, nobody's even offered!) for being on the
list, it's just something to help people find their way to France for the
'04 TDF. I've gone the past four years (and am going again) and think it's
a great way to see both France and a great bike race!

For general info on riding and visiting France, we now have a gateway page
at www.ChainReaction.com/france.htm. Many people could benefit from reading
the piece about French Laundry Units (FLUs) at
http://www.ChainReaction.com/france2...nchlaundryunit.