Old September 4th 19, 07:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Possible to get a low spot out of a TUBULAR tire?

On Tuesday, 3 September 2019 22:29:16 UTC-4, Oculus Lights wrote:
On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 5:50:33 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I just bought a used bicycle that has tubular tires on it. pparently it has sat for awhile as the rear tire has a low flat spot. NOTE this low spot is DEFIINTELY ON THE TIRE not on the rim which is true. Is there any way to get rid of this low spot on the tire caused by it sitting for some time? I've ridden the tire about 30 kilometers but there's been no change in that low flat spot.

Oh,it's definitely a low spot on the tire from sitting and not from improper mounting. The base of the tire is fine.

Cheers

Sounds like to tire sunk into the trough in the rim where the tire was touching the ground.
Remove the tire, let it sit with ~60psi/ 4 bar for a day, add another coat of glue and remount. Pump up to low pressure so the tire still compresses 1/2way when you lean on it, roll the tire on the floor for a a few dozen rotations or more to even the tire out all the way around. Pump up to riding pressure and enjoy.

When I rotate the tire I can definitely see a flat spot a few inches long on the tire opposite the rim. that is the area of the tire that itself touches the pavement. The tire closest to the rim is perfectly round and even all the way around the tire.

I think I'll just glue on new tires and keep these ones for spares.

Cheers