Old April 29th 14, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Where did I say that all was sweetness and light Ed ? I said I, emphasis on the I, had experienced no conflict whatsoever in three years.

I have posted plenty of messages of accidents occurring in England as well as everywhere else in the world. Obviously, your particular situation exists in some kind of time warp and is not relevant to this discussion.

Crowded areas will always throw up some issues ... twas ever thus.

However, I pointed out my personal experience to show you why your personal anecdote means nothing either ... and that you have to look at the overall big picture. And, the overall picture is very little conflict ...

The only one who is an anecdote here is you. I am presenting the overall big picture. You are stuck in the mud.

If you insist on referencing personal anecdote then mine is as valid as any other ... and as unenlightening regarding what is going on overall.

When reports of accidents and complaints reach a certain level, they can no longer be regarded as personal anecdotes. It IS what is going on overall.

More news from the trenches near you I suspect:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...-and-hit-tree/

April 18, 2014 11:59 am
Cyclist injured after he fell from bike and hit tree

A mountain biker suffered cuts to his face and hands after falling
from his cycle in woods and hitting a tree.

The cyclist, a man in his 40s, was with a group riding on the Clent
Hills in Worcestershire when he tumbled.

An off-duty paramedic, who was part of the cycling group, immediately
called the emergency services and began giving basic treatment to the
injured man.

Paramedics had to climb up a hill on foot to reach the cyclist.

West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman Chris Kowalik said: "The
emergency vehicles could only get as far as Sunfield Children's Home,
which had helpfully kept part of its car park clear for us.

"Crews then had to carry their equipment on foot uphill for about
fifteen minutes to get to the cyclist.

"The man had banged his head. He had abrasions to his face and hands,
and pain to his wrist and back.

"He was immobilised onto a rescue stretcher for carrying back
downhill to the ambulance. He also felt nauseous for which he was
given anti-sickness drugs.

"He was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham for further
assessment and treatment."

An advanced community paramedic, a paramedic area support officer,
the MERIT trauma team, the Hazardous Area Response Team and an
ambulance crew attended the scene.

The cyclist fell at 9.40pm yesterday.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great