Old December 23rd 17, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Standards; always room for one more!

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 3:01:27 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 6:39:44 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:

BTW, GTF off the groomed snow trails with a bike. They are groomed for a reason, and its not for un-grooming them with a bike. I'm very conflicted when it comes to bikes on walking or skiing trails. I understand that resorts or parks need to jack up revenue and that bikes are less harmful than, say, horses -- but there is still value to a quiet trail where all you hear is footfalls or pole plants, singing birds, etc. No rattling fat bikes whipping by.

-- Jay Beattie.

Just don't accost them yourself, Jay. Remember what happened to Mike Vandeman, who was jailed by a conspiracy of perjured mountain bikers. See the comments on:
http://coolmainpress.com/ajwriting/a...piece-of-work/
In addition, I imagine you'll be disbarred for being passionate about justice.

No, I would just glower, and I don't bring up the subject much with my cohort. They're mostly ****ed off that so many trails are closed to bikes around here, but they're not big resort snow-riders. I don't know anyone who is a dedicated fat biker who wants to ride groomers at some Nordic or Alpine resort.

No snow so far in town, but it is slated for next week. I'm hoping to ride tomorrow with my son and then go skiing on Sunday. Not much snow in the mountains yet. I'll take my rock skis.

The only really interesting weather this year was freezing fog yesterday and ice-skating into work. Another foolish commute. I wore the wrong gloves, my hands froze, and when they thawed out, it felt like my fingers had been slammed in a car door. Time to switch to the fat gloves.

-- Jay Beattie.