Old January 1st 18, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ned Mantei[_2_]

Default postcard

On 01-01-18 16:06, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2018 1:11 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
avagadro wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?gl=us&....0.JrkuSLIK9Rk

Everyone welcome! I have virtually all the
tools and if anyone has questions I'll just
patch them to you guys and have the answers
handed out as bedtime reading

Speaking of reading: It may be worthwhile to accumulate a little library
of bike repair books. Buying from a source like this would make them
inexpensive:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...repair&isbn =

Of course, some of those books are much better than others. I think this
one is unusually good:
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...cycle+re pair

If those were on your shelves, your friends might have far fewer questions.

Thanks for the link to the Park Tool "big blue" books. I have found
their website to be reliable and extremely helpful, so I would expect
the book to also be very good.

And this discussion reminds me that in the 1980's I bought Eugene
Sloane's "Bicycle Maintenance Manual" and "The All New Complete Book of
Bicycling". And later there was Brank Berto's "Upgrading Your Bike".
Times have changed...

Ned