Old December 6th 03, 07:16 PM
harv

Default Danger Threat to all Cycling Newsgroups - VanDolan!!!

I used to do that 20 years ago. I would sometimes climb the mound straight
up the back (up the down road). Not much traffic back then. I could count my
pulse without having to press on any artery. Twice up the hill was enough
for me. The local roady guru [1] told me that they added four or five loops
to their Wed. night training ride and thanked me for telling him where it
was. Now I would go into cardiac arrest halfway up. Besides all the old good
roads, so void of motorized traffic, that I used to ride out that way are
now populated by dicks, carelessly pointing huge fast metal things on those
same roads.

1. Bill McGinty owned the local Schwinnery and was several times IL state TT
champion.
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

harv wrote:
Harv, here in the flatlands of Kane county Illinois.

Harv,

You can always do laps on the Johnson's Mound Forest Preserve road (and
a short section of Hughes Road to complete the loop).

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth