Old September 8th 11, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Garry Jones

Default You know you are a cyclist when......

Just when you thought all had been said on this subject I think I have the
ultimate...

Drum roll....

"You know you are a cyclist when you find yourself leading a group of
cyclists down a mountain at 60km/h on Google Maps."

I work as a cycling guide near Riccione in Italy for 2 months every spring.
Earlier this year we met the Google Car and I made a mental note to take a
peek later in the year. That peek was yesterday and there I am in a red
helmet at the front of the group. You can see three guys on my wheel, there
are about another 8 riders some way behind me.

http://g.co/maps/mn26y

The name of the road we were on translates roughly to "The Pink Pedal".
Quite apt for Italy given the "pink jersey".

Garry Jones
English Cyclist, ResIDING in Sweden
PS I am back on rec.bicycles after an abscense of several years, I was a
regular here back in the mid 90's, hope to catch some old friends and make
some new ones, keep the wheels turning guys.