Old March 8th 14, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Phone rings through Hands Free earphone

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:35:24 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 3/7/2014 7:57 AM, John B. wrote:
I do four hours and up, on my "Sunday Ride" and carry my phone in a
rear jersey pocket and find that I can seldom hear the phone ring
while I'm moving.

I tried plugging in a "hands-free" and wearing that during the ride
but that proved valueless as I than had an ear phone in my ear but the
phone ringing in my back pocket :-(

Are there any versions of Android, or any add on Apps, that allow the
phone to ring through the hands-free ear piece?

I solved that problem elegantly:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/newfon.jpg

YMMV.

That is one solution, however...

A couple of years ago I crashed and broke my pelvis, which in turn
resulted in a month in the hospital and a period of hopping around on
crutches and a certain amount of pain and loss of motion.

This, in turn, causes my wife to worry if I decide to take the long
way round and am a bit later getting home then expected. Having been
educated by the grand-kids my wife expects the entire world to be at
the other end of a cellular hand phone (just use this number and you
can talk to California) and when I don't answer SOMETHING MUST BE
WRONG!

When my wife worries her emotions seem to veer between worry about her
poor old husband who may be laying, broken and bloody on the road, and
"WHY DOESN'T THAT S.O.B. ANSWER HIS PHONE!" and by the time I arrive
at the manse the latter attitude seems to predominate and instead of a
relaxing shower and snack I get an ear full.

Answering the phone seems to be, far and away, the most elegant
solution.... if I can just figure out how :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.